Monday, November 21, 2005

What to Expect in Future Posts...

I have so much I need to post here, and wanted to give you a heads up so you know what to expect. I'm planning on posting the following (and then some):

* A description and schematic of the wiring for my setup. It includes 2 TV cards and three TV inputs

* My mplayer setup in MythVideo and how I'm dealing with audio/video sync problems

* Information on how I'm using Samba to dump videos and mp3s from other boxes into MythVideo and MythMusic

* A re-hash of my IRBlaster script that changes the channels on my Comcast Digital TV

* An explanation of my script that generates an iTunes-ready XML RSS Podcast for mp3s I drop in a specific directory -- useful for podcasts you need to manually grab

* The script I modified/wrote that transcodes tv shows to mpeg4 videos that are viewable by my "iPod with Video"

* Photos of my setup, and hopefully a video screenshot of my mythbox in action (if I can figure out how to do that)

* A loving and persuasive write-up about Ubuntu Linux

* The problems that my recent upgrade has overcome from my build a year ago

*** Answers to questions anyone might have for me -- please posts comments and I'll respond as soon as I can. This isn't an easy project, but once completed, you'll feel bad for your friends with Tivos!

No comments: